Nationality/ Gender Age
Malaysian, Male 44
Date of first appointment to the Board
17 July 2019
Date of last re-election
Dato’ Mohd Zahir has an established career as an auditor with various accounting firms including PricewaterhouseCoopers and Deloitte & Touche both at their Malaysia and overseas offices. He later became the Chief Financial Officer of Tracoma Holdings Berhad, a company focusing on the manufacturing of automotive components before appointed as the Audit Director for Baker Tilly Monteiro Heng, sixth largest accounting firm in the world.
He then assumed the role of Head of Fund Operations for CIMB-Principal Asset Management (CPAM) where he helped CPAM to obtain Global Investment Performance Standards and improved the company’s internal control and processes.
Dato’ Mohd Zahir later became the Group Chief Financial Officer of Prasarana Malaysia Berhad (Prasarana) and subsequently promoted as the Chief Executive Officer of Prasarana Integrated Development (PRIDE), a wholly owned subsidiary of Prasarana. PRIDE’s business objective is to generate recurring income for Prasarana from its commercial activities such as advertising and retails, and largely from the development of properties, known as Transit Oriented Development (TOD).
Currently, he is the Senior Finance Director at Maybridge Consulting PLT, as well as a Finance Committee Member at Perbadanan Stadium Malaysia, a Director of Boustead Petroleum Sdn Bhd and a Director of Perbadanan Padang Golf Subang.
On 17 July 2019, Dato’ Mohd Zahir was appointed as Independent Non-Executive Director of Pharmaniaga Berhad.
• Chairman of Audit Committee
• Member of Sustainability Committee
• Member of Board Risk Management Committee
• Member of Nominating and Remuneration Committee
• Member of Board Tender Committee
• Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia (1993 to 1997)
• Oxford Global CEO Program, Said Business School, Oxford University, United Kingdom (June 2012)
• Certified Financial Planner (October 2010 to Present)
• Member of Malaysian Institute of Accountants (January 2010 to Present)
• Fellow Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand (October 2001 to Present)
Details of any interest in the securities of Pharmaniaga Berhad
Directorship in other public listed companies
Directorship in public companies
Any family relationship with Director and/ or major shareholder of Pharmaniaga Berhad or any companies that have entered into any transactions with Pharmaniaga Berhad or its subsidiaries
List of convictions for offences within the past 10 years other than traffic offences, if any